Urban Ed, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to provide the District of Columbia children, youth and adults with technology-driven education, information and skill development for sustained futures. We carry out our mission by using technology in innovative ways. We help people in need gain marketable workplace skills in the information technology field to include teens still in high school. We also help the children of these families who are not scoring at proficient levels in school gain academic enrichments in key subjects and expose them to various levels of technology.
Our organization continually touches the lives of others through our workforce development that spurs the decline of unemployment, and our educational initiatives that address truancy and low literacy all with the use of technology. After 15 years of service to the community, our vision is to uplift those who are disenfranchised by transforming them into high-performing members of society.
We have six core values that guide us in carrying out our mission, vision and other responsibilities. We are committed to practicing these principles in all situations, such as decision-making, risk taking and problem solving for our organization.
Our six Core Values are:
- Individual and leadership responsibility for actions, acknowledging mistakes and working to correct them
- Sincerity and reliability in interactions
- Requiring and modeling ethical behavior and always being truthful with clients, funders and partners
- Consistency in actions
- Hold client service and client interest as a top priority
- Consider long-term client needs, as well as short-term demands
- Deliver on commitments made to the client
- Take personal responsibility for improving service to the client
- Accept and reward risk taking in order to pursue opportunities that will benefit the overall organization
- Encourage creative thought and action
- Capitalize on opportunities created by changes in the market
- Inspire others with a compelling vision
- Steadfast in purpose
- Striving for excellence
- Commitment to accomplish a task in support of the mission, despite obstacles that arise
- Focus on outcomes
- Commit to client satisfaction, making the client's needs our first priority